June 27, 2014

This Is Where I Belong

Friday, June 27, 2014 Posted by Mary , No comments


Last week, I passed my 6-month probation at work. I'm relieved. This job has been really good for me, and I'm glad that my supervisor is extremely happy with all the work I've done so far.

I remember when I was in high school. I was debating between taking up Political Science (to go into law school) or Information Technology. I chose the later. I wanted to be a Systems Analyst. I figured that moving forward, computers would make the world go round. I was right, and I can't believe that here I am, in my first IT job in Canada, and I am a Systems Analyst. I've got a lot to be thankful for.

A Systems Analyst practically means problem solver, and the job is not without stresses. Working with archaic systems would be the first issue. Then you have your users. Patient though they might be, it's still concerning when your main purpose in the workplace is to solve their problems. But I feel right at home. This is what I spent years in school for. This is what I'm supposed to be doing.

Recently, I've been regretting not wanting to go to med school when I was younger. After all, my horoscope says I would do best as a surgeon. Unfortunately, the thought only occurred to me about a couple of years ago. It's definitely too late. But it's okay. I'm content. On almost every single day, I'm in the mindset that I would rather not be doing anything else. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment