September 4, 2010

Finding Heritage

Saturday, September 04, 2010 Posted by Mary , 4 comments



A UNESCO World Heritage Site is a place (such as a forest, mountain, lake, desert, monument, building, complex, or city) that is listed by UNESCO as of special cultural or physical significance. The list is maintained by the international World Heritage Programme administered by the UNESCO World Heritage Committee. I think these sites are really special, as they are carefully selected for their significance to humanity. So on my bucket list, I have a goal to visit at least fifty UNESCO World Heritage sites. I've only visited a few (thanks to my stay in Japan), but that is only the beginning. Today is the start of my journey to finding heritage.


UNESCO World Heritage Sites Visited
  1. Hiroshima Peace Memorial (Genbaku Dome)
  2. Itsukushima Shinto Shrine
  3. Gusuku Sites and Related Properties of the Kingdom of Ryukyu 
  4. Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks (Banff National Park)
  5. Waterton Glacier International Peace Park
  6. Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump

4 comments:

  1. I suggest Machu Pucchu in Peru, Petra in Jordan, the Pyramids of Egypt, Teotihuacan in Mexico and Yellowstone in the United States to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are amazing sites indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still love those sites here in the philippines... like the subterranean river in Palawan... :D

    Thanks for the visit by the way... thanks... hope to see you again... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I need to visit those sites. Especially the Underground River. Hopefully next year. :)

    ReplyDelete