March 13, 2013

Habemus Papam

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 Posted by Mary , No comments


We have a new pope, and I'm so excited for the Catholic church!

After the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI, Pope Francis I, the Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Argentina, has been elected as the new pope, after just five ballots in the conclave. He's the first Jesuit pope, and the first pope not born in Europe since the 8th century.


People say Pope Francis I is a very humble person, and his first message to the people after being chosen clearly shows that. He is a moderate, and seems to be just the kind of modern the church needs. It's certainly a beautiful time for our faith, and I have a feeling a lot of positive things will be coming to the Catholic church in the near future. I'm looking forward to that!

If I could sum up this choice in a word, I'd say, "perfect." His background, his papal name, the man himself--this is clearly a work of the Spirit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment