February 24, 2004

La la la...

Tuesday, February 24, 2004 Posted by Mary , , No comments
Hmm... so last saturday, we watched a Noh play. For those who don't know what this is (don't worry, I didn't know what this was before either), it's one of the Japanese traditional plays, and in this kind, the actors wear masks. I don't know why they do that, maybe just for aesthetics, or maybe it can also be cause no female performers act in these. All actors are male, even if there are female roles.




Anyway, Annie, April and I were given tickets for free by the kaigaikoryu-ka (Int'l. Affairs Office) of Ferris so we went there and watched it. It was interesting. 'Twas my first time to be in a Japanese theater of any kind and I loved the look of it. It was in wood, and the stage was kinda square with posts on each corner and a roof (just like on a house). It was pretty. The play was interesting albeit sorta boring because we didn't understand it. Thankfully, we were given English handouts with the entire story in them.

Days are pretty boring nowadays. All I do is check the paper for movies or tv shows to watch. During the day, I go to school and use the internet at Ferris. It's a pain coz I have to walk 20 mins and then ride the train another 20 mins to get there, but what can I do? It's the only way to get free internet access. Good thing we have a ticket for the train so even if I don't have a cent, I can still go there.

Happy now though, Mark has found an apartment at the new place he moved to. He's been looking forever, so I'm glad he finally has a place now. And, finally completed our batch website. Geez. What a pain making websites is! But, I still love it. =P Hmmm... I wonder what webbie I should make next!

0 comments:

Post a Comment