March 29, 2004

Oh joy!

Monday, March 29, 2004 Posted by Mary , , No comments
Ahehe. I'm back to blogging after a long time of... not blogging! XD

The past week has been fun, in my opinion. After almost a whole week of rain, Saturday and Sunday were sunny. And, since it's spring, cherry blossoms are now in bloom. To my surprise, there's an American Naval Service Facility (NSF) not very far from my dorm. Maybe just about a 30-40 minute walk. Back home, that distance would be from my house to the downtown area of Dumaguete, but look here now: I'm describing it as not very far. Things have certainly changed.

Well anyway, in that area called Kamiseya, there's a long stretch of street lined with cherry blossoms. Every year, the NSF which is located there holds a flower-viewing festival. I heard about this on the radio (AFN - Armed Forces Network) which I've been listening to almost 24/7 here. (Thank God for this station else I would have gone crazy with boredom!) So off we went to the festival last Saturday, and it was heaps of fun! ^^; Yay, yay, yay! (And with cute servicemen! *evil laugh*) There were booths with food for sale, some presentations, demonstrations, and the Pacific Air Force Band, which totally rocks! =)

Here are the pictures from that event:

The cherry blossoms up close. Aren't they pretty???


I love this picture! ^^; So there was a demonstration at the festival, and Annie took this picture with my camera. Look at that mouth wide open and ready to take a big chunk out! *shudder*


The cherry trees along the road.


While Annie and I were walking home, we spotted this dog in its doghouse. It was so serene that I thought it wasn't real, but it is! And look, it's even got an umbrella! LOL


Yesterday, Annie and I went back again (this time using bikes) cause we were hoping to take a picture of the trees without lots of vehicles/people around. But it turned out, there were still a lot of people in the place. I think the Japanese made it into a two-day activity. There were no more Americans around but there were still booths and people were still having picnics. This Sunday, we're planning to go to the Yokosuka Naval Base's flower viewing festival. It's a bit far this time, we need to take two trains, but it'll be even more fun, I bet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment