October 21, 2010

Bo's, Coffee, Green Tea, and Me

Thursday, October 21, 2010 Posted by Mary No comments
I really envy people who love coffee. I make an effort to enjoy it, but no matter what I do, it doesn't work. There seems to always be this weird taste in my mouth after I drink the beverage. Bo's Coffee recently opened in Robinson's Place Dumaguete, and I thought I'd be converted with all the mouth-watering coffee drinks they have available. I have been spending quite a lot of time there, but it's to no avail. I still have the  same aversion. Some people tell me it's good that I don't have this craving for coffee, but sometimes it's a pain, too, especially when I need help in staying awake. It's during those times that I wish I had a coffee addiction!





There is a new drink I'm loving at Bo's, though: Green Tea Latte! I remember the first time I drank green tea. It was during my first day in Japan, and I had bought a cold green tea drink from a vending machine. I tasted it, spit it out, and threw the rest away. I couldn't stand it! If you're in Japan, though, you cannot stay away from green tea. You get used to it. I got used to it, and now I love it! The secret is to drink it hot (when it tastes better), If you drink it cold, you must add a lot of sugar. It is an acquired taste, but if you give it a chance, you enjoy it eventually. 

Green Tea Latte at Bo's is wonderful. You don't need to be a green tea fan to appreciate it. It's really good; it's made to taste that way. You should try it! The Starbucks Green Tea Latte is equally as good and was actually my first addiction. But since there is no Starbucks branch in Dumaguete, then Bo's it is!

I still wish I could appreciate coffee. A good mug of it is quite delicious, I have heard. But I just am happy that I have a substitute, one that has amazing health benefits. Most importantly, I'm ecstatic that Bo's in Dumaguete now serves Green Tea Latte. It makes up for all the fun those coffee addicts are having that I'm missing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment