October 17, 2010

Dumaguete's Pride

Sunday, October 17, 2010 Posted by Mary , , No comments



If you are a tourist and you come to Dumaguete, there is probably one spot in the city that's going to stay in your mind--the Rizal Boulevard (named after the Philippine national hero who was said to have taken a stroll here while on the way to his exile in Dapitan). This is the stretch of boardwalk along Dumaguete's coast near the pier; a jogging destination in the morning that turns into a melting pot of lights, tempura vendors, expats, and SMB's at night. This where things happen; this is where the good restaurants are. This, for me, is Dumaguete's pride.

I have yet to see or hear of a lovelier boardwalk than the Dumaguete boulevard anywhere in the Philippines. I am really pleased that we have something like this here, which is the reason why I've decided to create the Boulevard Series, where I plan to blog about the people, places, and goings-on in the Dumaguete boulevard.

So sit back, relax, and allow me to take you on a tour of my favorite place in my favorite town... coming really soon!




tempura - different from the Japanese, the Philippine tempura is not actually a whole shrimp or a slice of vegetable, 
but is made of flour flavored with shrimp. 
It is deep-fried and usually sold in the streets in the late afternoon or evenings

Photos courtesy of revenui.

0 comments:

Post a Comment