June 21, 2004

Chatters Party

Monday, June 21, 2004 Posted by Mary , , No comments
Finally went to my first mIRC party last Saturday! :D It was an Undernet #Japan and #Tokyochat get-together which was at a BBQ place in Higashijujo, Tokyo, which is like 2 hours from where I live. I wasn't gonna go because of my limited finances, but with prodding from quite a few people, I went, thinking that I would never probably get this chance ever again in my life. And I'm glad I went, because it was totally fun.

First we went to a yakiniku place, and then spent the entire night until 4:00 am (which is when there are trains again) at a karaoke. I love karaoke, and it was fun... just that after about over 4 hours of singing, it felt as if we were just there to pass the time till the trains would be working again. I spent a few hours of sleep at Morigen and Chong's place after that. I didn't wanna butt in for the second weekend in a row, but he insisted, so why not? It was better not to make the journey back to the mountains (because I literally do live on a mountain, or hill at least) that early. All the people I met were so nice, so it was all good! I hope I'll be able to meet them again in the future.

Clockwise from Left: Nica, Naka, Morigen, Haniwa, Kensang, Orochi's wife, Orochi and their baby, Onda (Orochi's friend), me, Chong, and Carol

yakiniku - Japanese BBQ

0 comments:

Post a Comment