June 5, 2004

Lazy

Saturday, June 05, 2004 Posted by Mary , No comments
Urg. Lazy Saturday morning. Whoever said weekends are nice? Weekends are only nice if you have something to do, somewhere to go. But since I'm still down with the colds, might as well just stay here at our ultra boring dorm and bum around.




I'm still in the middle of Villette by Charlotte Bronte. Oh my God, that book is soo freakin' hard to read! It's very intelligently written, but nothing ever happens to the main character! It's too long, and there's soo much French that you have to keep on going to the notes every single time (unless of course, you understand French) that now I don't even bother doing that anymore. If you want to brag about the books you've been reading, yeah, go ahead and read this. But, if you're just bored, no, don't read this book, 'cause you'll get even more bored. Hahahah.




I just finished reading Tokyo Stories by Christine Cunanan-Miki, and that is one hilarious book! If you're ever planning to come live in Japan, better read this book beforehand. It's also very good for those people who think they know so much about Japan, but actually don't. :)


Movie Review: Schindler's List
Starring: Liam Neeson, Ben Kingsley
I wasn't able to see this movie before so when I learned it was on tv last night, I just had to watch it. Oh my God, it's sooo good! It's so sad! Those poor Jews! And then that movie made me say to : "Look at those poor Jews. All throughout the history of mankind, they've been abused and persecuted. But they don't go and become terrorists (or something like that--you know what I mean)!" People should be more like Jews, I think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment