May 26, 2010

Sonnet XVII

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 Posted by Mary , , 14 comments
By Pablo Neruda
From 100 Love Sonnets (Cien sonetos de amor)




I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way

than this: where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

14 comments:

  1. That thing... that makes the world go round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't send you messages in MSN!!!! I'm just appearing offline D:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somebody. Yes, somebody, is smitten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow somebody's in love deep. Hubba hubba.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tim I'm so in love with you Tim. Will you marry me? Please... A whole new world, a new fantastic point of view, but now I'm way up here it's crystal clear, and now I'm in a whole new world with you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohohoho! Timmy, you have an admirer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carbon monoxide is good for your body... so is nicotine. So smoke more, be happy, because life is too short to stop smoking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Florence. Your Blog spawns the emotions. If your blog made sound ... Oh, no less than whispers of Love. It is forever between winter and spring here, Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm. My visitors are weird. Ahahaha. Peace! XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why you have so many weirdos in the PH?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I'm sure there are more weirdos outside PH. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The time is always now.

    ReplyDelete