June 5, 2010

The Art of Scent-Marketing

Saturday, June 05, 2010 Posted by Mary , 4 comments



By now, most of of you probably know how much I love perfumes. I wrote an entry last year about how my current obsession with perfumes started, and ever since then, my love affair with scents has been going strong. Lately, I've also been noticing something about perfumes other than their scent--their commercials. I truly consider perfumery an art. Now, I consider perfume commercials another art form as well. Usually, there are no conversations on these commercials. They focus on sounds and imagery. But they get the message across, and never fail to take me to another place. They are quite magical to watch. Check out some of my favorites below:


Kenzo Amour by Kenzo
Starring: Olga Kurylenko
Why I Like It: It's exotic and perfectly showcases the uniqueness of Asia, and the song is beautiful


Aqva Pour Homme by Bvlgari
Starring: Oriol Elcacho
Why I Like It: It's not the model, believe it or not. Hahaha. I love the ocean, how the perfume bottle rises up, the sound effects... the voice over (!), and this scent is amazing


Covet by Sarah Jessica Parker
Starring: Sarah Jessica Parker
Why I Like It: It's entertaining!


Flora by Gucci
Starring: Abbey Lee Kershaw
Why I Like It: It feels surreal


Shalimar by Guerlain
Starring: Natalia Vodianova
Why I Like It: Rolling around in bed--my favorite hobby. Enough said! Hahaha

Perhaps, it is just fitting that what could be the most loved perfume commercial is for one of the world's most popular fragrances--Chanel N°5. Created by the critically acclaimed film maker Baz Luhrmann, and starring Nicole Kidman and Rodrigo Santoro, it is one beautiful masterpiece.



What about you? Do you have any favorites?

4 comments:

  1. Sure do:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPWaQKuqENU

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know... I want a perfume for aminals. So they can test it to aminals and that if it is safe for aminals then it is simply safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Moschino Funny smell!

    ReplyDelete