August 11, 2010

Longing for Tennis

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 Posted by Mary , No comments
I shouldn't be here, sitting on my bum in my cubicle freezing my fingers off because of the chilly air conditioner. I should be running around on a hard, green court, whacking balls back and forth over the net with my skunk racquet. Yes, I should be playing tennis right now. But it had to rain this morning, and our plans had to get cancelled.

I've always been a tennis aficionado. I started playing at the YMCA when I was thirteen, and I've been playing on and off since then. Tennis is a lovely game. When I was in grade school, I used to be addicted to volleyball. But when I started playing tennis, it became my favorite. There's just something so beautiful about whacking a ball across a court, haha! You give it all your strength, and it relieves all your tension. It's a great feeling!

Patrick Rafter at Wimbledon 2000

My favorite tennis player of all time is the Australian Patrick Rafter, who retired from professional tennis in 2003. I created a website for him a long, long time ago, and it's still up! I can no longer update it, though--I forgot the password! LOL.

I long to be able to play tennis regularly and actually get better at it. I suck as a player right now, and my shots are very erratic. It's because I can only play once every few years. Finding tennis partners and tennis courts can be very difficult! I hope my friends and I will be able to push through with our plans to play in the coming days. Not only will it be fun, it's also going to be an awesome way to work out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment