October 26, 2003

Interesting...

Sunday, October 26, 2003 Posted by Mary No comments
Yokohama Station


It has been a long weekend. Long and tiring, that is. I mentioned before that I was going to help some girls at Ferris make the program for the robot, right? Well, so Hisako (one of the girls) and I met at Yokohama station (first time I went to Yokohama Sta. by myself!) yesterdayat 9:30 in the morning (damn! i had to leave the dorm at 8:30). I didn't know where we were going, but as it turned out, we went to Tokyo Institute of Technology (TITech) near Ookayama Station! I never expected that I would be going to Tokyo yesterday (even though it was just the outskirts)! Nor did I expect to be at one of the top technology universities in Japan. Pretty cool, if I might say so. Also, TITech was having their school festival this weekend, so it was even cooler. (Not to mention the weather was pretty cool, too!) A lotta booths were there, selling all kinds of food! I even got a school brochure and a DVD from their Centennial Hall where an Open-House for high school students were being held.

I didn't get to do any programming for the robot yesterday, though. I think they didn't need the program yet. But at least, I realized something with my going to TITech. And tbat is: I AM NOT A TECHNOLOGY FREAK! I admit to being an internet junkie, but no way am I a tech freak! I say this because we were looking at their robot exhibits yesterday... and I could totally not relate! I don't think that I ever will. Nope, I am not into that kind of technology. *shakes head* Nah-uh, just mobiles and PCs for me!

An almost scary part happened though, coz while it was approaching afternoon, they told me that I would have to go back to Yokohama station by myself! I had to leave the place early because I needed to be at Izumino station at 6:00 (we were again invited by Hiroko sensei), but Hisako and the other girl who was there wanted to stay late to work on the robot. That really scared me, but when the time grew nearer, I felt pretty much confident that I could make it back, if they just told me which stations to change trains and which tracks to use. Ota-san, the guy who works at the Ferris IT Center and who was also there, then gave me intructions on what to do. Luckily, Hisako needed to buy something for the robot, so she decided to go to Yokohama again. But when I think about it, it wouldn't have been so bad if I made it home on my own. That would really have been a good accomplishment, don't you think so?

Well, yes so after that we went to Hiroko sensei's house and had... *drum roll*... sushi!!! It was interesting... but I swear wasabi is soooo weird! I don't think I can stand it! Not because it's hot (Tabasco is still hotter, mind you!), but I think it just tastes sooo freakin' bad!

And today, April and I went to church, but it turns out that the mass today was at 9:30 because there was a bazaar. We thought it was 10:30 so we missed it. I did buy a nice, lil black hand bag at the bazaar for just 200 yen though. Definitely amazing! I could even throw it away after using it once and not mind!

After that, Astiti, Annie and I went to the International Student Lounge near Tsurumi station, which is like, sooo far away! We went there to register for Japanese language classes, like a tutor thingie. We had a "biscuit party" (ROFL) and met other foreign students from Korea and China, and some tutors. It was kinda interesting actually...

0 comments:

Post a Comment