October 13, 2003

Twice in a row.

Monday, October 13, 2003 Posted by Mary , 1 comment
We had a Japanese cooking session yesterday. It was the second one actually, coz a few weeks back, we also had one. During our first session, we cooked tempura. Their tempura here is really great, not at all like the ones we have in the Philippines. Their tempura here are cut vegetables, or shrimp, dipped in flour and then fried. Yesterday, we made something called "norimaki" or sushi rice.


We went back to Yamashita Park yesterday. It was the final day of the festival, so it was really great. We were able to see a music performance by Cambodians, a Balinese dance, and a costume presentation from different countries. The Park was packed, but it was loads of fun. A lot of "gaijins" from different countries were there, and that was really cool. We met a Filipinos on the train going there and at the Festival, too. I bought a "kebab" from the Turkish booth which was really good, and a cheap book from another booth.

Today is a holiday, so no classes. *Yay!* A storm hit us this afternoon though, and thankfully, I was just in the dorm during that time. And boy, was it really nasty! It was the first time in my life that I really heard the wind howling. I'm on the second floor, and the sliding glass doors to my small terrace was facing the direction of the wind so I could really feel the wind hitting the glass. Because of the wind, the rain looked as if it was beating on the doors horizontally (which it probably was)! That's how strong the wind was! I think there are even some parts of Tokyo which are flooded. I saw it on the news, but wasn't pretty sure 'coz I couldn't understand what they were saying. I just heard the names of some places in Tokyo and saw flooded places on the screen.

The weather here is pretty unpredictable. At one time it could be warm and cozy, then it would suddenly grow chilly. And just this afternoon, after the storm, the sun was shining almost immediately. Weird, huh?

Today is my mother's birthday by the way. I'll be sure to call her in a while.

1 comment: