July 26, 2004

Cruisin'

Monday, July 26, 2004 Posted by Mary , , , , No comments
Went on a Tokyo Bay cruise last Saturday with some friends that I met on the chat party a month back. I was shocked when we got to the port, because I was expecting that we would just be on one of those small sight-seeing boats, but I was wrong, it was really a ship! It wasn't especially big, but maybe 3 or 4 levels were in use. And, at the top deck, where we had a table, there was a dance floor. Yeah! I didn't expect to go to a disco, but there was one, so hell yeah! I'm not complaning!




It was really, really pretty. It would have been nice if it were a day and night cruise so that we would see the sights in broad daylight and then the lights at night, but since we were only on the ship for two hours from 7:30 only the lights could be seen. However, it was a good experience. It was my first time to be on a cruise ship, and it was really interesting. The combination of foreigners, Japanese girls in yukata, and drag queens some of whom were wearing skimpy clothes and swimsuits was something that I know will be memorable to me for a long time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment