December 29, 2008

The Way to Go

Monday, December 29, 2008 Posted by Mary No comments


One of the reasons I chose my cellphone (Sony Ericsson P1i) over a number of other different models about a year ago was because of it's WiFi capability. At that time, WiFi wasn't so popular yet. I only knew of very few hotspots. I just figured WiFi might be useful to me in the future.

We all know how WiFi is so popular now. We see a lot of people on their laptops in Jollibee and in other cafes and restaurants. But I've never really associated WiFi with cellular phones in the past. I've never needed to. I am almost always surrounded by computers.

When I was in Manila a few days ago, I didn't take my laptop. I was counting on my dad to bring his from Saudi. But he didn't. I thought I was in trouble then. I needed to check my email badly because my friend, Tim, was coming over from the US to visit. Unlike Dumaguete, it's hard to find Internet cafes in Manila. Then I remembered my phone.

Oh, how relieved I was! The hotel had WiFi available and I was suprised at how fast and easy it was to check my email. It was totally different from the GPRS service from Globe that I was used to.

The moral of the story? Choose a phone with WiFi and be forever connected without having to lug your laptop around. I know a lot of people want to get phones with high-megapixel cameras, but the quality of their images will never compare to a digicam and you'll just get disappointed in the end. WiFi phones are definitely the way to go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment