February 7, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away

Saturday, February 07, 2009 Posted by Mary , , , No comments
We had crazy rain the whole day today! I've never seen so much rain in my life. I also saw the biggest puddle of water ever, right in my front yard!

Fortunately, our house is elevated so we didn't have any problems. But I'm sure the downtown area of Dumaguete got flooded, because it's covered with cement all over. I just don't know how bad it was.

Eight to ten inches of water!

The platform where we place our lawn chairs, which is around 4 inches thick, was completely covered!

It's been raining like crazy here for the past year that I feel like I'm in England (although I've never actually experienced English weather, haha). Could it be an effect of global warming?

My mom was really scared we might have a flash flood today, but honestly, I just wanted to wade in that puddle we had. I've never done that growing up. I should do that sometime...

0 comments:

Post a Comment