February 16, 2009

Ang Babaeng Hinugot Sa Aking Tadyang

Monday, February 16, 2009 Posted by Mary , No comments
The last soap I followed was Encantadia in 2005. Ever since then, I have not paid much attention to my television except to sporadically watch episodes of CSI, Oprah, or whatever I found interesting on the Hallmark Channel. Two weeks ago, however, instead of pounding away on my laptop keyboard, I sat on my couch and watched the last three episodes of LaLola and got pleasantly surprised--it was good! I thought, maybe these soaps aren't so bad after all. So I decided to watch LaLola's replacement, too.



Ang Babaeng Hinugot sa Aking Tadyang (The Woman Pulled from My Rib) started out with the lead character (Dingdong Dantes) falling in love with a woman (Marian Rivera) whose past he doesn't know anything about. This is my first time to watch this tandem, which can be considered the most popular in the country. I have to say, I'm starting to see what the hype's all about. Dingdong is good, and Marian is perfect for the role. I remember the height of Angel Locsin's popularity in GMA (Darna era), and she was so... mediocre! It's a good thing she's now with ABS-CBN. *insert evil laughter here* I don't know if she has improved because I don't watch that channel, but seriously, Marian is so much better. (Kapuso, much? Peace, kapamilya!)

With all the things I have to do on my computer nowadays, I get bored with TV shows really fast. I don't know how long I'll stick with watching this new soap, but at the moment, I am enjoying it. The script has brilliant moments, and the supporting cast is great. It's worth checking out.

In a strange sort of way, I feel good watching local shows like these. It makes me feel part of the masa, the real people. It brings me back to the reality that I am a Filipino and maybe I shouldn't watch foreign shows 100% of the time.

I should probably be embarrassed for being somewhat baduy, but not right now. I'm feeling patriotic. Or something like that. You know what they always say, "tangkilikin ang sariling atin."

0 comments:

Post a Comment