March 19, 2009

A Beginning

Thursday, March 19, 2009 Posted by Mary , , , No comments


Whoopee! I gave the last of the final exams to my students today. That only means one thing. The semester is finally over! School will officially end tomorrow and the graduating students will don their togas and march to Pomp and Circumstance on Sunday. It gives a bittersweet feeling, the end of a school year. You have friends who will be graduating, people you might never see again. But even though it is technically an ending, it is, in essence, more of a beginning. How apt the graduation term Commencement Exercises is!

This is just one reason why I like teaching. After the end of every semester, you know there is another one coming up right around the corner. You will have new subjects to teach, new lessons to learn, new students to interact with. You will be able to have a fresh start; ponder about whatever mistakes you might have made in the past and correct them.

Personally, I am looking forward to the future. I think I am finally on track. Although I will not be teaching for roughly two months during the Summer term, I have a lot of things to do, such as preparing for the TOEFL and GMAT examinations I am planning to take. By the opening of the new school year in June, I will be back in school again, taking up Masters in Information Systems. I am excited for that. It's been two years since I've been in school, and I miss it. I hope to do better this time around, and not be as lax as I was in college. It is a new beginning indeed, and I hope all goes well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment