March 28, 2009

BPInoy in Dumaguete

Saturday, March 28, 2009 Posted by Mary , , , No comments
My parents got invited to an event  in Dumaguete hosted by the Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) for clients receiving remittances from expatriates overseas, as part of their BPInoy program. Since my dad is not yet here, I accompanied my mom to the event which was held last Friday at the Spanish Heritage. They stated in their invitation that they wanted to share some business opportunities with us, so I thought it was going to be one boring day. Fortunately, I was wrong. It was totally fun!

The main thrust of the event was to tell the guests about certain services BPI had available to bring the bank closer to their clients. They had some people tell us about these services, and they showed a video about how money should be managed by families of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs). They also presented a business opportunity.

Having an account at BPI myself, I certainly am no stranger to their services, especially what they are heavily promoting right now, BPI 24/7 Banking. I've been using this service for a number of months now and I absolutely love it! With BPI 24/7 Banking, you can do your banking transactions (paying bills, checking account balances, transferring funds) online at http://www.bpiexpressonline.com. Most banks have this service so I'm sure this is not new to you. But what I love about BPI 24/7 are the services they offer using BPI Mobile. Yep, that's banking on your cellular phone! Transferring funds from one account to another and checking balances on your phone are even less hassle-free! I've been using it a lot to pay for purchases I've made on eBay Philippines. Aside from that, I can also use the money from my account to fund my GCash wallet and reload my prepaid cellphone. There's only one catch: you need to be a Globe Telecom subscriber. That's no problem for me though, since I've always been on Globe. Unfortunately, BPI and Globe are not paying me for this plug, although I did win P100 worth of load at the event, and my mom won a cellphone. LOL. But I really do love the service! I would recommend it to every Filipino with a BPI account.

Erik Santos

Oh, did I forget to mention that the Philippines' Prince of Pop, Erik Santos was there? Since his dad is also an OFW, he is the BPInoy endorser.



BPI - the oldest bank in Southeast Asia and consistently the most profitable in the Philippines
GCash - a service of Globe Telecom that allows you to send and receive money using your cellphone

0 comments:

Post a Comment