January 23, 2010

I Got Faked!

Saturday, January 23, 2010 Posted by Mary , No comments
The other day, I paid for something at Cellutrim, the gym where I work out. Imagine my surprise this morning when the owner told me that one of the one-thousand peso (approximately USD 21) bills I gave them was fake!

I always hear about fake money, but I've never been victimized before, so I've never really been cautious about the money coming into my hands. My money is always coming from the bank (and not from other people) so I've never been worried. This said fake bill however, was also from the bank. It could either have come from a local branch of RCBC where I had my salary check encashed, or from a BPI ATM where I made a withdrawal. I did not have any other source of money in the past week, so the fact still remains that the fake money came from a bank.




 Tsk. Goodbye, one thousand pesos.

I have no way of proving where this money came from so I don't think there's anything I can do. But let this be a warning to everyone. Just because your money comes from the bank doesn't mean you're safe. I've talked to friends, and apparently, this happens all the time. So check your one-thousand or five-hundred peso bills the moment you receive them. It is inconvenient especially if you're dealing with a considerable amount of money, but it's necessary. The fake bill I have is obviously fake when I look at it. The colors are duller, the paper is crumpled, and it's even smaller than the real one. I just didn't bother to check because I had too much trust in banks.

This was a lesson learned the hard way... but meh. God sees the evil things people do. I'm sure the perpetrators of things like these will get their karma eventually... or go to hell... or something.

0 comments:

Post a Comment