January 25, 2010

Nickelback and Me

Monday, January 25, 2010 Posted by Mary , , 2 comments
We all know Nickelback--we've heard their songs. But have you listened to their lyrics closely? I've only done so recently, and since then, I got totally hooked. Rock has always been one of my favorite music genres and I love how, in Nickelback, I am able to find a rock band that's able to integrate meaningful aspects of life into their music.




Here are some of my favorite lyrics:

And as we lie beneath the stars
We realize how small we are
If they could love like you and me
Imagine what the world could be
If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
Then we'd see the day when nobody died
 
-- From If Everyone Cared

My best friend gave me the best advice
He said each day's a gift and not a given right
Leave no stone unturned, leave your fears behind
And try to take the path less traveled by
That first step you take is the longest stride

-- From If Today Was Your Last Day

I don't know about you, but their songs certainly make me ponder about my life and the world we live in. They just have that effect on me. Aside from the lyrics, I love their sound as well. I have a Nickelback playlist on my iPod, and it gets me through my cardio at the gym. No more Chris Brown for me nowadays!

My absolute favorite among their songs right now would be Never Gonna Be Alone. I think it's beautiful--I just can't get it out of my mind!

2 comments:

  1. I would agree. Not many people appreciate rock with its loud music, but what most of 'em are missing out is the idea that this is the artist's form of expression. If we judge them through their music, we may miss out on the message that these people are trying to tell the world. :) This is one reason why lately I listen to music by album or by artist, that way I will learn to appreciate music not because it has a good melody, but appreciate music because of the artist and the quality of their material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Mike. I was planning to buy Nickelback's new album in order to get to know their music more. I think I'll do just that. :)

    ReplyDelete