May 11, 2004

Abuse in Iraq

Tuesday, May 11, 2004 Posted by Mary , , , No comments
The pictures of the abused POW's in Iraq are just so completely, utterly horrible, I can't find it in my mind to figure out what kind of insane thoughts those US personnel were thinking when they did that.

One of the photos of torture at Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison.

I used to think very highly of the US military. Technically, they saved my homeland from both the Spaniards and the Japanese, and for that I look up to that institution so much and have only gratitude for the country, regardless of the not-so-desirable things they get into some times. But these new developments in Iraq are just so disgusting, I honestly can't believe they allowed this to happen. True, in war, things like the torture of prisoners are bound to happen... but that kind of torture? Those pictures? The things they made those Iraqis do? My God. I know they're just the deeds of a select few, but still...

They could have done a better job. They should have done a better job. Oh, US.

0 comments:

Post a Comment