May 26, 2004

Good Stuff

Wednesday, May 26, 2004 Posted by Mary , No comments
For the first time since I came here, I bought ice cream today: Haagen-Dazs Cookies & Cream which I think tastes exactly like my favorite brand in the Philippines [Magnolia]. Thus, I do not understand why Haagen-Dazs is so expensive everywhere.



Since we only have roughly two months left here in Japan,I decided that it's time to make the grocery price entry. So here are the stuff I bought today, please compare them to the prices where you live and tell me what you think!

Plastic Bag - Y6
Oreo Cookies 18pcs - Y159
Cheese Cream Spaghetti Sauce 70g - Y139
Spaghetti 450g - Y199
Cauliflower - Y259
Broccoli - Y98
Banana 5pcs - Y98
Haagen Dazs C&C 1pint - Y490
Squash - Y160
Mango - Y179
Parsley 3.5g - Y120
Black Pepper 18.5g - Y144
The sad thing is all these prices don't have tax yet. :( Anyway, today's exchange rate is JPY109=US$1. Are they cheaper or more expensive where you are?
On another note, doesn't it totally make your day when the DJ on the radio not only plays, but replies to your email request? ^^;

0 comments:

Post a Comment