May 3, 2004

Buy, buy, buy!

Monday, May 03, 2004 Posted by Mary , , , No comments


Senso-ji, the Asakusa Kannon Temple

We went to Asakusa yesterday. It's this place in Tokyo with a huge Buddhist temple and with a long row of shops selling omiyage. To give more meaning to Golden Week, April, Annie, and I dragged our butts over and joined the throng of people who flock this "omiyage heaven" [according to Annie]. April and I started buying our omiyage so that we wouldn't be totally bankrupt by the time we had to leave. I bought two frames and two Japanese dolls.

If you read Annie's journal, you might remember that she talked about fortunes. Well, we did get fortunes near the temple, and both April and Annie got Bad Fortune. I, on the other hand, who was the reluctant one in getting the said fortunes, got Best Fortune. Hahahaha. Well, praise the heavens! LOL. Here is my fortune:

No. 8 Best Fortune
Don't get along with the lower classes as the upper classes. Both in culture and fighting go well.
Happiness will come to you just like cutting rice plants with a cutter. If you have right mind and keep virtue as a man, you will be able to get best fortune.
*Your wishes will be realized. *A sick person will recover. Taking good care is important. *The lost article will be found. *The person you are waiting for will come. *Building a new house, removal, employment are all good. *When you make a trip, be careful. *Marriage is very good.


Now, isn't that kinda nice? ^^;

Today, I went to Yokohama and bought an electronic dictionary. Before, I decided that I wouldn't buy it, but it's really useful, so I decided to just get on with it. I also bought the 8th and last book of Chobits in Japanese, but it's all just kanji and doesn't have furigana, so I won't be able to read parts of it. Sad.

omiyage - souvenir or present (like from a trip); Tagalog - pasalubong
kanji - Chinese characters used in the Japanese writing system
furigana - small hiragana, written above kanji as a phonetic comment and reading aid
hiragana - cursive formed Japanese kana syllabary

0 comments:

Post a Comment