May 1, 2004

Golden Week

Saturday, May 01, 2004 Posted by Mary , , No comments
A one-week break started last Thursday to celebrate Golden Week here in Japan. Golden Week is a yearly event that allows people to take a break, travel, or do anything they went. During this season, there's also heaps of festivals everywhere and a lot of things happening all over.


Flying kites during Golden Week

Yesterday, I was supposed to go to Tokyo. But I cancelled because the friend that I was supposed to go with had an important appointment and couldn't go until late in the afternoon. I didn't wanna go by that time, because the travel is around one hour and a half one way, and that's kinda scary to be doing that late at night. I ended up going with April and Annie to Futamatagawa (two stations from where we are) and had late lunch and some window shopping. We got some movies, too, so last night we watched The Sweetest Thing and Good Will Hunting. It was my second time to watch the former, but my first to watch the latter. Both were really good, and I'm amazed that Matt Damon/Ben Affleck wrote the Oscar-winning GWH. But then again, they are Harvard peeps, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

0 comments:

Post a Comment