April 14, 2004

Easter

Wednesday, April 14, 2004 Posted by Mary , , No comments



Last Easter Sunday, Annie, April, Ate Smile and I went to church. It was a Protestant Church and was erm... very nice. The people were very friendly, and during the service a Chinese woman who was a professional erhu player performed on-stage--she was very good! The service was in Japanese, but there was an English translation, so that made it better. However, it's probably just me, but services where pastors speak for almost the entire length of the event are not just my thing. 'Coz at the end, I feel like I haven't been praying, but just listening to a lecture. I guess I'll always be a Catholic.

The best thing about that day was that April's friend from church who is also a Filipino brought us to a Filipino restaurant! I never realized Filipino cuisine tasted so good until that day! LOL. In that area there were also stores with goods from home. Hay, thank God!

0 comments:

Post a Comment